Sometimes you come across works in progress that are really just projects taking up space in a box, things which you had completely forgotten about and probably would not buy now.
Well that’s what happened with these two cross stitch kits which, according to the date I had written at the bottom of the paper pattern, I started in 1997!
I found them in a box at my folks along with a load of Country Companions kits, some Disney ones, some fish (no idea why I wanted to make these!) and a whole bunch of random wee kits. Yup I used to buy a LOT of Cross Stitch kits when I was wee.These were supposed to be for a Christmas present for my Aunt with my mum working on one and me on the other. Neither of us got very far. All we had managed to do before they got shoved in the box was the Jack Russell's nose and a very small amount of the Westies chin!
Despite the 17 year gap from purchase to rediscovery (!) I thought my Aunt would still like them so decided to finish them up, as intended, for Christmas.
To be honest once I got started on them they really did not take long to complete. The Jack Russell was finished first.
Then the Westie, which was not as bad as feared - off white and grey does not make for exciting stitching!
I think they both turned out great. I also decided to try framing them myself as last time I got things framed I found it to be really expensive. So I got a couple of nice frames out of Debenhams, acid free mount board out of a local art shop, double sided acid free sticky dots and set to work.
Now I know you are supposed to lace the backs but I figure these are unlikely to be removed from their frames and I was being lazy! The glue dots worked really well and were so much easier to use than traditional double sided sticky tape.
|Spot the sticky dots!|
See you all soon x
P.S. I love to chat so feel free to leave a comment!