Wednesday 2 July 2014

Getting started

So tonight I managed to finish two projects so I thought what next......well I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while and thought now is as good a time as any to get writing!

First off a little bit about me.  Well my name is Susan and I live in Glasgow, Scotland and I am planning on writing about my adventures in sewing, knitting and cross stitch.  I also intend to be honest and let you know what has worked along with what has gone wrong and what has been badly fudged!!

So what were the two projects I mentioned at the top of the post.  Well the first is a pair of curtains for my Gran.  Not my normal type of project but, having never made curtains before and being the good granddaughter that I am, this has been the project which has occupied my last few evenings.

The curtains are 2.2 meters long so hemming the sides was going to be a tedious process. Anyone who tells you that hemming 10 meters of fabric is fun is just plane old lying!  It was however made easier with my new sewing gadget.  That thing is awesome!


Getting the curtain tape on and trying desperately not to accidentally pull the strings.


 As you can see the process took up the whole of my living room floor.  I had to even get the big DIY tape measure out when creating the hem as none of my dressmaking ones were long enough.


All neatly folded and ready to go to its new home.


Hopefully I will get out to my Gran's to hang them at the weekend and that she likes them. I really like the fabric, its a light polycotton and I was sleekly hoping that there would be more left over!

My other project is far more exciting.  It is the Lottie Blouse from Sew Simple Sews which came free with the second issue of Love Sewing Magazine.  Still need to get a decent photo wearing it as the OH was out tonight (probably why I managed to get as much sewing done as I did) so I think that may have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment